Using your ORCID id, you are now able to sign in to your journal website and submit your articles easily. Nedmedica provides a new facility for all their users to log in using their ORCID. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized. Read more in ORCID website.
What is ORCID?
- ORCID is a not-for-profit organization founded by academic institutions, professional bodies, funding agencies, and publishers in 2010.
- ORCID id is a nonproprietary alphanumeric code to uniquely identify academic authors.
- ORCID addresses the problem of indexing different particular author's names and affiliations in his/her publications and merge all change (such as with marriage) or cultural differences in name order, contain the inconsistent use of first-name abbreviations and employ different writing systems. It provides a persistent identity for humans, similar to that created for content-related entities on digital networks by digital object identifiers (DOIs).
- By registering with ORCID, users receive ORCID, to which they can link their published articles and other professional activities. Authors then have a single record of all their research, which can be made public.
What does an ORCID look like?
An ORCID consist of a 16-digit number presented in the form of a web address (hyperlink) to the researcher's profile, for example https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9536-6296
How to enable ORCID and see ORCID badges in Publish sites of journals?
If you logged in to the Neoscriber journals and were not able to see your ORCID badges (icons) in your published articles, please make your ORCID account to a public account which is visible for "everyone". To do:
1) Log in to your ORCID account in www.orcid.org and change the visibility of your account to "everyone" (in the top right of the profile) (see below image)
2) Then edit the visibility of your "Email" in ORCID to "everyone". (email visibility could be accessed from the left menu down in your profile) (see image)
Finally, if you had any question please contact our support at
Advantages of ORCID
ORCID is freely available to individuals and has an easy-to-use application programming interface (API) to encourage integration with existing systems, development of new tools and to inspire novel uses of the repository data. The advantages of the new ORCID are numerous:
Editors will have a one-stop shop for reviewing a contributor's history and can gain an oversight of an author's work to date, as well as their professional relationships.
- Researchers will avoid having to enter biographical and bibliographic data in multiple systems.
- Institutions and funding bodies will benefit from easier, more reliable analysis of scholarly output.
- Publishers will enjoy a simplified publication workflow and greater opportunities for product and service development.
Adding an ORCID is optional in our journals
Linking an ORCID is entirely optional. We do encourage usage but we will never make it mandatory because authors have the right to select the proper ways of registration.
More information about ORCID
1) Get recognized for contributions on scientific work
2) The final solution for the ambiguity of your name and its variations in academic bibliographies
3) Improve the visibility of your research works
4) Save time, "enter once, re-use often"
5) A nice and valuable badge for all Academic members
6) Stay with you for all your career life - and even more-:
7) Save all your peer review jobs and print them in your CV
8) Increase the university rankings
9) Permanent Link between DOI and ORCID: