Payment Rules Last Update : 2019-07-15 11:54:10
Table of Contents
- Why Article Processing Charges (APCs)?
- Diagram of Payment Process
- Which journals have APC?
- Acceptance Fee
- How to Pay APCs?
- Waiver and Discount Policy
Why Article Processing Charges (APCs)?
As a rule of open access publishing and because of the reason that scientific community and the general public can unlimitedly and immediately access all content published in our journals for free as soon as it is published on the Internet, we kindly request all our dear authors to help us to compensate a part of our economical matters. This means that the journal does not have any income from selling subscriptions to print or online versions of its journals or from charging "pay-per-view" fees. Therefore, we need to defray its editorial and production costs by collecting article processing charges from authors' institutes or research funding bodies. Besides, journal charges—if calculated per page—are much lower than the revenues per published page that traditional, subscription-based academic publishers can generate. Paying the article processing charge in an Open Access journal is a replacement with the normal subscription charges used by most journals and allows journals to make the full text of every published article freely available to all interested readers.
Workflow of AF in a journal
- All articles need to be decided by EIC, first goes to "Waiting for EIC decision". EIC may decide to "Accept" an article which is "Primary Accepted" (Step 1 in below image)
- In the next step (= Upload Final Files), EIC must upload the last edited and accepted word file. (Step 21 in below image)
- On the next step (=Send to Publisher), EIC will choose the desired volume and issue and order of article in the desired issue. (Step 3 in below image)
- By Clicking "Send to Publisher", Authors are able to pay the "Acceptance fee". (Step 4 in below image)
- Authors Pay the Acceptance Fee: By paying the acceptance fee (online or offline), Accounting department of the publisher will be able to see the article in another step which is "Payment Waiting for Confirmation". (Step 5 in below image)
- Payment Waiting for Confirmation: If publisher receive the fee in their bank account in good order, they will be able to approve the payment and article goes to "Initialize Publish" process for further publishing process. (Step 6 in below image)
Diagram of AF is uploaded below.
Which journals have APC?
There are 3 ways to find out that which journal requires payment (article processing charges):
To know the exact fees read the related page in our journal website (Journal Website > Charges top menu)
Acceptance Fee (AF)
Author(s) agrees to pay the required "Acceptance Fee" in the first step of submission (see below image). They have to act just based on the journal policy and regulations after accepting their articles in the journal. Those manuscripts which are still remained in the "Pending" step of payment and need payment, are not allowed to be submitted elsewhere. It means that without payment, a manuscript is not allowed to submit in any other journals.
How to order AF?
Acceptance fee will be ordered only via the journal website when your article is primarily accepted by EIC. Just wait till this phase, then you will be able to pay it online.
Corresponding Author is able to pay "Acceptance Fee". To pay, s/he must sign in to the journal website and refer to "Needs Payment" menu under "With a Decision" (see below image)
How to Pay APCs?
If you choose the correct button (Buy AF or FTF or PF), then you will be able to see these wizards:
- Choose Currency
- Confirm Buy
- Choose the method of payment
- Pay Online or Offline
Waivers and discounts Policy
Kowsar offers waivers and discounts for article processing charges (APCs) for articles whose corresponding authors are based in low-income countries. These countries are classified by the World Bank as low-income economics as of July 2017. Please submit your discount request via our support portal at www.publisher.support . We will review your request and inform you.