- Short manuscripts definitively documenting either experimental results or informative clinical observations will be considered for publication in this category.
- Brief Reports are not intended to allow publication of incomplete or preliminary findings.
- The review process is equally rigorous as for Regular Articles and the acceptance rate is lower.
- Another name of this type is "Brief communication"
Abstracts must not exceed 200 words and should be a single paragraph with no subheadings.
Brief reports may contain:
- A combined Results and Discussion section
- Authorship Contributions
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
- In a brief report, the maximum number of:
- Tables or figures are 2
- References are 20
For more information about the standard word count of this article type, please refer here.