All Kowsar journals follow the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines on appeals to journal editor decisions and complaints about a journal’s editorial management of the peer-review process. Based on the COPE advice which mentions the requirement of a clearly described process for handling complaints against the journal, editorial board, or publisher, we introduce the related page of "Complaints and Appeals" on the COPE website to our readers. Please refer to this page.
Direct Connection to Us
Any complaint or appeal could be sent to the publisher in these ways:
- Submit a ticket via Publisher Support at (Since Oct 2020, we have developed a new internal link in all journals to submit a ticket using primary contact information).
- To submit an anonymous ticket, please use our service in this page: https://sites.kowsarpub.com/kowsar/forms/support.html
Every reader is able to post a comment on any article's individual page (Post Publication Peer Review). This comment will be managed by the publisher and will be forwarded to his editor. read more
Approach to a complaint
- 1) Our distinguished readers are able to open a discussion even anonymously about a decision made by EIC, reviewer or associate editor: In this case, please describe precisely the matter of claim with detailed documents.
- 2) Upon submitting your ticket, you will receive a ticket ID. A normal investigation process may take up to 4 weeks after the ticket submission. You will be received any update using your email.
- 3) Any new ticket related to a complaint or appeal will be screened initially by the "Head of Ethics Department". In case of any requirement to collect more documents, we will contact the corresponding author and even his/her institution. After collecting data, we forward them to our "Ethics Department". This committee including:
- The chief director of the publisher
- Two representatives of the journal owner
- The editor in chief of the journal
- 4) The primary decision made by the mentioned ethics committee will be sent to all authors with a request period of 7 working days. In case of any objection by authors or complexity of a case, it will be forwarded simultaneously to the second committee which including an additional member of the national ethics committee as well as an official representative of the related affiliated institution or a joined lawyer plus to COPE council (after anonymization).
- 5) Till the end of both conclusions, all further actions will be paused.
- 6) Any conclusion reached by COPE and the second ethical committee (above paragraph) will be our definite decision and ought to be executed from all sides.
COPE flowcharts about Complaints and appeals
view all flowcharts