One of the bogus and harsh visions of every journal´s editor-in-chief is the dream of indexing his/her journals in one of the top-ranked indexing sources. This type of mistargeting for publishing a journal as “Indexing Disease.” will be a source for many problems in strategic plans of publishing a journal. This book aimed to increase our editors' knowledge and change their attitude towards the ultimate goal of publishing.
- Authors: Dr. Seyyed Mohammad Miri, Dr. Seyed-Moayed Alavian
- Publisher: www.nedmedica.nl; 1st Edition (October 9, 2020)
- Publication Date: October 9, 2020
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Language: Persian (English Abstract)
- ISBN: 978-622-991141-9
- Sponsored by: Salamt Pooyan Kowsar
- Targets: Academic and STM Journals
- Category: Databases -- Abstracting and indexing, Scholarly periodicals -- Indexes
Introduction of this book:
One of the bogus and harsh visions of every journal´s editor-in-chief is the dream of indexing his/her journals in one of the top-ranked indexing sources. This deviated targeting to the ultimate goal of publishing produces many problems both for the editorial team and the publishers. Based on my personal experiences, I call this type of mistargeting for publishing a journal as “Indexing Disease.” Indexing is not and must not be proposed as the ultimate goal of publishing a journal. We publish a journal to improve the quality of our lives by solving more daily obstacles. Indexing is an improper targeting for publishing a journal.
This book titled "Indexing Sources for STM Journals" and aimed to increase our editors' knowledge and change their attitude towards the ultimate goal of publishing. In the current book, we reviewed different indexing sources and introduced them to our editors. We believe all indexing sources are essential for spreading the message of our scientific articles to the readers all over the world. Those who are differentiating among different indexing sources and dividing them into top-ranked and low-ranked sources have financial or economic interests with some companies and are responsible for staining the clear atmosphere of publishing. We must avoid those companies with conflicts of interest in publishing of STM journals.
Major topics of this book are including:
- Indexing and Indexing Sources
- Predatory Journals
- Impact Factor
- PubMed Central
- Ulrichs Web
- Index copernicus
- Google Scholar
- NLM catalog
Links and Copyrights:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L1C3YHP
- Scinews: https://sites.kowsarpub.com/scinews/articles/110179.html
- Kowsar Official Website: https://sites.kowsarpub.com/kowsar/issue/110212.html
- PDF: Download Full-Text PDF
- Copyright: This book is published freely under only for personal use and not commercial use. We reserved Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial 4.0 International License.
- Ask for permission from Publisher.
- Link to Table of Contents (Persian)
Conflict of Interest:
This article is published to introduce one of the books published by our company.